Let's start this day by making a difference. We at Paguro try to give back to the community every single day. At this challenging time, our focus is on how we can make a difference to those around us, be that our artisans, our employees or you, our customers.
We put our thinking caps on and searched the web to find the best entertainment to make a difference during this time at home. What's even better? Most of these treasures are free for everyone to enjoy.
Culture in your living room
- Entertainers face a challenging time but why not support them by viewing a free screening over the coming weeks. Check out these links for the Royal Opera House and Opera National De Paris for free screening dates and times.
- Messing about on the river will have to wait but at least you can enjoy the Wind in the Willows Musical for free from your living room.
- The show must go On! You can also now watch Andrew Lloyds Webber musical online start from 3rd April from https://www.youtube.com/theshowsmustgoon
- If art is your thing, you can view some of London's top exhibitions online and, guess what, they're also free.
- I’m sure you don’t need much motivation to plan your next trip. If you would like to recall some of your past travelling highlights or would like some inspiration for your next adventure, there are plenty of ideas to refer to for Netflix subscribers: https://www.cntraveler.com/gallery/travel-shows-to-watch-on-netflix-right-now
- Have you always dreamt of a visit to Disneyland? You can now take a virtual ride anywhere in the world! https://secretldn.com/virtual-disneyland-rides/
- It’s a great time to watch all of the Disney films you've never seen (too ashamed to say you've never seen the original Lion King? Use this time to change that!)
Miss the eating out but don’t want to compromise on great food and wine? A perfect time for you to polish up your own cookery skills and learn from the best:
- What could be better than to learn how to make pasta from an 84-year-old Italian nonna? http://nonnalive.com
- Learn Italian cooking from the best? Massimo Bottura, the chef patron of Osteria Francescana, a 3-star restaurant based in Modena Italy is here to teach us how to cook up Michelin standard food in your own kitchen! Live streaming from his Instagram tv
- Learning a new cuisine from our favourite chef Yotam Ottolenghi.
- Virtual Wine Tasting - Quality Wines in Farringdon, UK are hosting a daily online wine tasting session via their Instagram Live. Cheers to that!
Everyone is talking about Joe Wicks' daily PE lessons - ideal for burning off energy while the kids are off school.
Nottingham-based yoga instructor Caroline has also made a number of sessions available on her youtube, for those who like their exercise a little more sedate.
- Listen to some short TED talks to boost your knowledge of the world
- If you're looking for educational inspiration for your kids, Audible has made hundreds of kids audiobooks available for free, as has David Walliams
Activities with friends
- The pubs and restaurants may be closed but download the app HouseParty to keep chatting to all your friends
- Pub quiz anyone? https://facebook.com/events/s/virtual-pub-quiz/649536262488918/?ti=icl
- You can either download the app or sign up for the free trial to try out the yoga and mediation. Practice mindfulness and find some peace in this chaotic time
Why not use this time to try something that you have always wanted to but never had the time? You never know, maybe you’ll find something that will change your life forever. The most important thing though is to stay safe and well.
If you find any interesting activities, share them with us and we can share them more widely.